Despite the differences between people, I believe that music is a universal language. Of course, as a scientist, I also believe that math is a universal language. For now, lets focus on music. It has the ability to take a bad day and turn it around in under 4 minutes. There are days when I really miss husband, family and friends. I put together a playlist and within a few minutes, I am back to feeling happy and positive. The rest of the playlist makes the work day a lot easier.
My current playlist:
1) Daft Punk – Get Lucky
2) Pharell Williams – Happy
3) Monty Python – Always Look on the Brightside of Life
4) The Lumineers – Scotland (Reign the new show is not historical accurate but entertaining nonetheless)
5) Joss Whedon – Sigh No More (Highly recommend seeing his adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing)
6) Coasters – Yakety Yak (The Great Outdoors is a great comedy movie)
7) The Black Keys – Howlin’ for You
8) Jamiroquai – Canned Heat
9) Iron & Wine – Trapeze Singer
10) John Coltrane – Blue Train (Jazz always helps me to relax)
So next time you are sad, overwhelmed, mad, etc, put together a playlist and let the music help you.