Its been a month since I have moved to the Netherlands. Self-reflection is never easy but its time to evaluate my progress.
Some days are harder than others. Honestly, there are times when I am very lonely. The people in lab are nice and supportive, however, long-term friends and family are not easily found. Skyping has helped tremendously, forcing me to call people more than I usually do. I have started running again, practicing Dutch, cooking, cleaning (more than I used to!). I even traveled to Switzerland this past weekend.
Goals for May:
1) Travel to two other countries
2) Run at least 15 times
3) Get a bike and travel with it (3 longer trips, daily biking)
4) Finish the first part of my Dutch lessons
5) Cook three Dutch meals
6) Keep blogging (15 posts)
7) Skype with family/friends (anyone who wants to talk)
8) Find a coffee place to relax in
9) Finish reading the first two Game of Thrones books
10) Dreaded dissertation to 150 pages, 2 papers submitted
11) Other research goals that I wont bore you with!
If you have suggestions, please share them in the comments section. I would love some more ideas!